Sunday, January 3, 2010

Bonne Annee!

From Mom (FINALLY!)

Bonjour,

C’est moi. Do you remember me?

It is soo hard to talk and write!! I am very lucky to have a multi-task daughter who can keep you in touch with us. Unfortunately, the voyage is almost over and the time has been flying since we arrived.

I have to tell you about my “Reveillon” (The night of 31 dec., and 1er jan.) Barbara had her fun with her cousins and I had mine with my sisters and my nephew Benoit, his wife Maryse and their daughter Lysa. Well, we did something that I am really getting good at : We ate, and ate some more. We started around 7:30 to finish after midnight with champagne of course. On our menu:

Appetizers: Verrine with guacaomle with smoked salmon

Appetizers: Canape de caviar

Appetizers: Canape de tamara (crab spread)

Starter: Foie Gras on toast

Starter: Oysters

Meal: Tagliatelle pasta with saumon in a bubble sauce (Sauce made with champagne)

Salad: Green salad with vinaigrette

Cheese: Bleu de Brest, Camembert, Brie, Conte, Chevre

Dessert: Chestnut ice cream with whip cream

Yum, yum!!. We celebrated midnight with champagne lots of hugs and kisses and wishes for a very good year. We then went to go surprise Barbara, Caroline, Valentin and Johan and found them with their champagne playing monopoly.

By the way I want to wish every one a very good new year. Big hugs and kisses to everyone!

Friday was a very restful day for my body and my stomach. We're off to Geneva and maybe next time, my baby Tom will be able to say my name. At the moment his vocabulary is very restraint: “where is it” and “it’s here” but his smile is as big as the whole French language!!!! Who needs to talk when a smile gets you anything you want or you didn’t even knew you wanted!!

We’re off Geneva for more adventures. More to come!

Remy opening the NYE champagne


All of us with our appetizers

Us with Lysa and Hook Em!


No comments:

Post a Comment